Giochi Senza Frontiere - Il forum

E' MORTO CECIL KORER

« Older   Newer »
Christos
view post Posted on 14/10/2011, 19:17     +1   -1

From Alan Hayes - JSFNetGB

Just as JSF fans are coming to terms with the loss of the much-loved Guido Pancaldi, who passed away on 4th October, it is my sad task to inform you of another recent loss to the JSF family. Cecil Korer, the second BBC producer for It's A Knockout and Jeux Sans Frontières after Barney Colehan, died suddenly on 24th September 2011. He was 86 years old.

This news comes as a particular shock to those behind this site as we have been in regular contact with Cecil for the past year. He has shared many memories with us and helped us clarify many things about his time with the series (which goes back right to the start of It's A Knockout in 1966, when he was an Assistant Producer). We have been in awe of this man who in his eighty-sixth year was travelling to San Francisco and, more recently, Portugal, and who visited Roundhay Park in Leeds annually, such was his affection for his time on the series. He told me in April this year, that "I always go into Roundhay Park and stand where I stood back in 1976. I close my eyes and can see everything as it was. It quite turns my heart over."

Cecil has supplied such detail in his emails that so far we have only been able to incorporate a small proportion of what he has written. This means that Cecil's name will be associated with this site for several years to come as we gradually incorporate his contributions, sadly now a legacy. The JSFnetGB flag is at half-mast today in memory of a kind and enthusiastic friend to this site who produced many years of memorable entertainment and was responsible for putting smiles on millions of faces. Rest In Peace.

view post Posted on 15/10/2011, 00:28     +1   -1

W JSF !!!

Group:
Administrator

Il messaggio anticipato da Christos è stato inviato dal sito inglese dei JSF alle H 19.39

Purtroppo qualche giorno prima della morte di Guido Pancaldi è scomparso Cecil Korer, il secondo produttore inglese di It's A Knockout e Jeux Sans Frontières dopo Barney Colehan.

Korer ha collaborato col sito inglese in molte occasioni, ricordando la sua esperienza.

Da parte del forum va il sincero cordoglio al lutto britannico

Web  Top
view post Posted on 15/10/2011, 16:28     +1   -1

Il Giullare

Group:

Un'altra triste notizia...sentite condoglianze agli amici britannici.

2 replies since 14/10/2011, 19:17   218 views